Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Cooking with Kids: Easter Egg Nest Cookies

I love Easter baking.  I don't know if it is the sweet pastel colors or the cute little animals, but I look forward to this season every year.  This year I had just the project in mind. Cute little nests full of Easter eggs, all on top of a cookie.


Back in August, my nephew came to stay at my house for a sleep over and I decided to have him "help" me bake some cookies.  Really, I had dough left over from another project so I rolled some out and let him add sprinkles and things before we baked them.  And boy was that a success.  He grinned from ear to ear during the whole thing and then he went home and he spoke of nothing other than "I made cookies with Missa" for weeks.  So when I was planning out this little project, I knew just who to hire as my sous chef.


In fact, I'm going to let the little ChooChoo explain how we made these cookies.

First Missa baked some cookies out of her favorite sugar cookie dough made with vanilla and brought them to my house.  She also brought some peanut M&Ms and royal icing tinted with brown.


Next, I helped her squeeze some of the icing in some rough circles around and around and around the cookies.


Then, I picked an M&M


And then I put the M&M right in the middle of the icing.  Missa says that three M&Ms fit best but I sometimes liked to put four in.


All done! Now we had to wait for them to dry.  I didn't like this part at all, but I went out to dinner with Mommy, Missa, Titi and Ahn so I didn't mind too much.


After dinner, the cookies were done!


Missa kept saying they were super cute, but I just think they were yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment